The year that was.
- After 15 years I left Microsoft this year.
- After 12 years we sold our house and left Indiana. We moved to Maryland – our third state in 20 years.
- The three fitbit friends I had quit. Sad.
- 2.3 million steps since June.
- I walked over 1000 miles this year.
- Published 720 blogs (2 blogs a day)
- Hit 1000 posts on both blogs
- Published 12 podcasts this year including 2 new Fred and Ed stories.
- My sons graduated to middle school.
- My daughter graduated high school and is now in college.
- My book is finally out (see above) Transitional Services can be found at my author page (above) or any bookseller.
I went from an average of 80 flights per year to 12 this year. What a change that has been. I went from being gone more than 50% of the time to being home 90% of the time. That has been the biggest joy and adjustment for me as well as my family. I love not feeling rushed or that I have to get more done on Saturday and Sunday than I can do. Its wonderful to be able to come home on a Monday and finish up weekend stuff.
For 2012 my goals are:
- A museum a month
- A podcast a month
- 90% blog rate (2 blogs 90% of the time)
- A new book
- Lose 10 pounds
- Walk 1000 miles
- Hit 3 million steps with my fitbit