There are a number of things going on right now that I haven’t reviewed or talked about so a day off from the Family History project for a Shameless Review!
First off, I like having a color laser printer at home. It cuts down on the times I have to go to work to print a single document, and it cuts down on the same for everyone else in the house.
Things I Love:
- Device setup is fast and easy
- I connected to my network and everything could print to it in seconds.
- Duplex printing is quick and reduces the amount of paper you use by a lot!
- Software is nice.
- Does faxing and scanning all from my laptop
- Has a sheet feeder to scan a number of pages
- has a mobile application – that works for scanning and faxing as well as printing from my iOS and Android Devices!
Things I don’t like:
- Toner is still expensive (although a lot less than HP)
- Fax answers the phone on the 2nd ring if the phone you are using isn’t directly connected to the answering machine port.
We’ve had the printer for about 6 months. It replaced the HP we had before that for nearly 6 years. So first kudos to the HP printer for still operating after 6 years of moderate printing! The canon is a little smaller and a little smarter about Wi-Fi networks which means it is easily printed to from any device. I use it as my iOS printer. It does a great job on color printing.
Overall this device costs a lot less, is cheaper to operate and has high quality prints. Canon has come a long way in the printer market in the past few years. I am down to three printers in the house (and one portable printer) and two of the three are Canon.
If you are in the market for a home color printer – this is the one!
Canon Printer fan!