My Amazon author page!!!!
Did the weather not read my blog yesterday? According to the rain gauge (connected to my indoor weather station – I’ve learned a lot in the old days the weather station was in a box outside) there was 1.6 inches of rain yesterday around my house. My house sits at the bottom of a hill and most of the neighborhood drains into my backyard. About 10 years ago we added a drain in our backyard to at least control the water flow. Two years ago we added a stone drain field around the drain to reduce the clogging affect of large spring rains. The system held (and has held for two years now) but there is still a lot of water draining into that drain.
I am going with a good news, bad news scenario there. It could be worse (flooded basement etc). It could be better (sunshine would be nice).
I am replacing my all-in-one printer/fax with a new one this week. The old one (hp) has that new HP expiring ink and it isn’t something I want to keep replacing. Plus the HP stuff is really expensive to replace. What I need is a very compact printer to save some space on my desk. I have other printers that do a better printing job, I just need something that is easy to leverage/use. I am considering the Lexmark, but as always anything IBM makes me nervous. Lexmark like Lenovo isn’t part of IBM anymore, but they were and anything IBM makes me nervous.
Had to take the boys to the eye doctor this am – again one has broken glasses so it was off to the appt. Luckily we had a good time, but it does get kinda tiring when you have to do that all the time.
All for now…
My Amazon author page!!!!
Lots of cools things:
- Knight and Day looks like it was a really fun movie to make
- Why do stunts in movies look so real, but then on Mythbusters they look so silly?
- Why is Netflix shipping 2 to 3 times faster than Gamefly? They are shipping the exact same thing and Gamefly costs a lot more per month for less service…
- Why are online games so addictive?
- Nearing post number 800 on this blog – do you get an 800 number for your blog with number 800?
- Why covered bridges? Why not covered roads and open bridges? Would you hide in a bridge during a terrible storm? Where does all that water go? into the river…where is the bridge? over the river…
- Micro, mini why can’t we all get along in the USB world?
- The fan noise that haunted me for a month is back – I’ve replaced the fan three times so I suspect I have a wire I don’t see pushing the fan off center. Or maybe I am off center so when I install the fan it is already off center.
- Engine, Engine number 9 winding its way through my blog…
- Saw something on TV last night that made me laugh, US Mail versus SMS. How do you SMS a fruitcake? Why does communication produce such an age divide and “culture” divide rather than use the tool you are most comfortable with…when did communication become about “me” rather than “us?”
It’s a fun Friday wrap-up – haven’t done one of those in a long time.
The gear weighs more
than the heart it is encompassing
climbing the mountain
no longer sure it is my mountain
blinded by the snow
one foot in front of the other
the weight of the gear pulling
the wind pushing me backward
trying to recall
why am I struggling forward?
This is my mountain
but the footsteps
no longer fit the path that is there
can I make it
weight of what was pulling me back
the snow pushing me back
things not what they once were
are bound to what they are
can I climb this mountain?
So I was talking yesterday and suddenly I realized that my metaphors came out all wrong. I started down the path of one story, but ended up heading a different direction. I immediately punished my tongue (no chocolate for a week) but it was too late. The already confusing message I was trying to share got lost in about 3 pounds of additional confusion.
Why does that happen?
We spent time at the table yesterday (at my folks house) talking about the difference in traveling today versus when we went to Thailand the first time 30 plus years ago.
- with international cellphones it is much easier to stay in touch
- there are many more flights to most countries – so you don’t wait as long in the airport
- The world feels much smaller to me now than it did 30 + years ago when we went overseas.
My daughter is turning 18 in just a little over a month. My step-daughter turned 25 three days ago. Both of those statements make me feel old.
Windows Phone 7 launches today – I am really excited about this.
Only 75 days until Christmas.