My Amazon author page!!!!
I started using AW or Active Words about five years ago. I bought a netbook at the time and frankly AW was the best tool for becoming more productive quickly. By simply entering a word into your command window on the AW menu bar you could easily and quickly get up to speed. I stored my word base out on my SkyDrive for a long time. The other side of AW? Buy one personal license and have it on all your computers. I recently upgraded to version 2.0.
Improvements in the product (from 1.x to 2.0_
- I love the new menu icon rather than the menu bar (and there is of course the option to bring up my old favorite menu bar – which makes entering in lots of commands very quick and easy – but I am going to try and use it the new way for a week and see how that goes).
- F8 takes you to the universe (you can select a word, hit F8 and well it depends on what you have setup at that point but anything can and could happen based on what you set up)
- One License on all my PC’s
- It detects that you in fact have the older version installs and upgrades all their commands.
- They now support the 64 version of Outlook
- The old 32 bit “pad” that never loaded on any of my computers because I don’t have 32 bit computers is gone.
- It is still only 49 bucks which I find amazing.
What I really Like about AW
Saving my time:
- So I save time with AW, lots of time. Let me give you three use cases that I use AW for that save me tons of time. I research Cloud Computing topics every morning. With AW I have automated a ton of the sites so I simply type in a single word. Now I simply can place the words in a word document and hit f8. Which come to think of it is an even greater time saving.
- Use case one: Make research easier
- Use Case two: I am a horrible speller, but AW makes me almost smart by catching the vast majority of the common misspellings of words for me without my having to think about it, or to right click the word in whatever program I am using and change it manually.
- Use Case Three: I write blogs and books and poems and well a lot of stuff. AW helps me produce text and other command short cuts that allow me to save time while writing.
Look and feel:
- The new menu icon on the screen rather than the menu bar!!!!!
- Larger text on the screen while I type (and AW spell checks). I should probably write to AW and ask them if there is an additional charge from them for every 1000 misspelled words. I might owe them money, already.
Active Words remains one of my top applications. How can you tell?
- I have it on all the computers I use
- I just bought a new computer and it is on my new computer, already
- I wish there was a Macintosh version.
Active Words is the best productivity tool that I use other than Dragon Naturally speaking. Actually when I think about it Active Words beats out dragon because I use it every hour I am on the computer.
To the team at Active Words – you guys did a great job on this upgrade!!!!!